14 Days Free Trial. Requires OS X 10.11 and above
Current Version 1.2.7
|Buy Now for US$ 2.99|
Order from FastSpring.
CM PDF Compress is a simple to use yet powerful app which can compress existing PDF documents to reduce their file size.
There are several online sites which can perform the PDF compression but it requires you to upload your documents to them. CM PDF Compress does the compression on your Mac and thus ensuring that your documents remain private to you and you only.
It also provides several customizable settings including
- Keeping the DPI of the document images within a certain range
- Set the JPEG Quality for the JPEG photos and images within the document
- Set different Compression Filters for Color, Grayscale and Black and White contents in the documents
- Provides the option to retain the original PDF Creation and Modification File Dates
- Change PDF Version
- Works with Password Protected PDF files (You will be prompted to enter the password of the protected PDFs which will be used to unlock the PDF files so it can perform the compression and CM PDF Compress will lock the compressed files with the same password)
- Retain PDF header information and Permissions
- For a quick compression, drag and drop your PDF File to the App Icon and it will compress it based on the current settings automatically.
- Included 2 threads to improve performance. This is activated when there is more than 5 files on the list
CM PDF Compress will upgrade the PDF Version Number to v1.5, if the original documents are of lower version number. This is to ensure compatibility with the compression algorithms the app supports.
- OS X 10.11 (64 Bit) and above